About Me

My photo
Austin, Tx, United States
I was born and raised in Texas and have lived here my whole life. I'm common-law married to the man of my dreams. I'm obsessed with Angelina Jolie and the band Hanson. I curse like a sailor and smoke like a chimney.

Monday, September 7, 2009

Full Moon, Anyone?

There is a theory that a full moon brings out the crazies. I always thought this theory was lame, until yesterday. It has been a full moon the past 2 nights in a row, and Walmart has certainly had it's share of psychos, just in the last two days.

Yesterday at work, I got a call from one of the front-end managers asking if we had an available associate to come pick up a propane tank at customer service. I asked him why there was a tank there since they're not allowed inside the store (even empty ones). He said a customer was trying to return it because it was leaking and almost blew up his wife. I reply with "If it's leaking, it definitely doesn't need to be in the store!" I tell the manager I'm on my way to retrieve the tank. As soon as I hang up, the phone rang again. This time, it's customer service saying the customer was on his way back to the Garden Center. Oh boy! The customer came back there and our department manager, Annie, walked up to talk to him. He immediately began screaming at her, so Annie walked away and let Patrick deal with him. Now, Walmart only carries two brands of propane: Blue Rhino and AmeriGas. This was neither of those brands. Patrick explained to the customer that this is obviously not a Walmart tank. The customer swore he bought it at the Walmart down the street and demanded his money back. Patrick walked away and got on the phone to page for a manager to deal with an irate customer. Ten minutes later, a manager came and talked to the customer (who was obviously drunker than a skunk). In the end, he got his money back because management was lazy and didn't want to deal with it.

Then today, Patrick and I are helping customers load up a grill they had just bought. There was a line of cars waiting to pull into the parking lot, when out of nowhere this little black car came zooming past them all on the wrong side. The car cut off a mustang and pulled into an unauthorized parking lane. A few seconds later, I hear this woman cussing someone out, screaming "What the f--- is your problem???" I'm thinking that this lady was confronting the a-hole driver. Well, Patrick and I walk over to the car to take down the license plate number when he noticed there was someone sitting in the car blasting music. He asked me to watch the car while he went on break. After about fifteen minutes, I finally saw someone get into the car. It turned out that the woman that yelled "what the f--- is your problem?" was the a-hole driver. I'm guessing someone yelled at her for driving erratically, so she yelled at them for yelling at her. *eye roll* I love how some people think they own the road (or in this case, the parking lot).

So, based on these events, I have come to the conclusion that full moons do indeed bring out the crazies...

2 comments:

  1. just another a-hole in a mustang. no full moon necessary.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, the a-hole car was a Saturn. They cut off a mustang.

    ReplyDelete