About Me

My photo
Austin, Tx, United States
I was born and raised in Texas and have lived here my whole life. I'm common-law married to the man of my dreams. I'm obsessed with Angelina Jolie and the band Hanson. I curse like a sailor and smoke like a chimney.

Monday, September 28, 2009

Strong Enough to Break

Last night, I watched Strong Enough to Break (again). It's a documentary following Hanson's struggles with their old record label, Island/Def Jam. It breaks my heart seeing what they went through, but I am so proud of them. After being dicked around for almost two years to get their album released, they never gave up. In the end, they left IDJ, made their own label (3cg records), released the album, and ranked #1 indie album on the charts. They came out better, and stronger, than before. Their passion about their music, and their fans, is one of the many reasons why I love them. You rock, Hanson. I'm so incredibly proud of you, and proud to call myself a Hanson fan.

Even if you're not a Hanson fan, this documentary shows what a lot of bands go through. I highly recommend it. You can watch the whole series here on Hanson's YouTube page

No comments:

Post a Comment