Ah, more excitement at Wal*Mart. I swear, if it weren't for the excitement, this place would drive me insane. Anywho, on to the story...
On Sunday, the day after the shoplifter and the cops, it was just Frank and I. Annie and Amy were pulled to work in Back To School, so our manager, John, didn't want them leaving that area. Annie explained to John that it was just going to be me and Frank, so someone was going to have to cover our breaks. Sooo, I was supposed to get my first break at 1:00 and I knew they were busy up front, so I call the operator at 12:30 asking her to get management to call the Garden Center. 1:00 rolls around, and still no manager ever called. Finally, I see John walking by so I ask him if he's going to get somebody to cover my break. He says he'll go find someone. 1:15, still no coverage. 1:30, still nothing. Finally, at 1:40, one of the front-end cashiers comes strolling in. I take my break, really upset at the ineptitude of the management. I come back from my break and clean up the area. Frank was supposed to go to break at 3, but that was when I was supposed to go to lunch, so a little after 2:30, Frank finds John and tells him that HE needs coverage for his break. John goes to find Daniel from Hardware. He can't find him, so he tells Frank to go ahead and take his break. EXCUSE ME??? I had to wait OVER an HOUR to get coverage for my break, which made me late, but Frank gets to take his break EARLY and doesn't have to wait for coverage??? I'm furious by this point. I call John and ask him how that was fair that I had to wait and Frank didn't. You know what John says? "Who told you you had to wait?" Um, YOU did, ya moron!!! Frank comes back, I got to go to lunch on time (shocking) because Al from Hardware was kind enough to volunteer to cover my lunch. I come back from lunch and work some more, la dee da. Frank goes to lunch at 4:30. Luis from Hardware was told to cover his lunch, but Luis leaves at 5. 5:00 rolls around, and I tell Luis to go. It's not his responsibility to make up for management's stupidity. So Al comes back to cover the rest of Frank's lunch. Frank comes back, I take my last break (we still have Al). I work some more. Frank takes his last break without coverage. Manager Matt comes walking through and sees I'm by myself. Frank comes back from his break and Matt wants to write Frank up. I pipe in and stick up for Frank (which I shouldn't have done because I've reported Frank numerous times for his behavior and treatment of employees and customers), telling Matt that John told him he didn't have to wait for coverage. Frank calls up John and tells him that Matt wants to write him up and that if he gets written up, he's blaming John. Again, you know what John's reply was? "Oh, I thought you had coverage, that's why I let you go." Are you frigging kidding me??? We had been calling ALL DAY to get coverage for our breaks, you dumbass!!! I swear, it should be illegal to be that stupid. Nobody likes John. He's an idiot, seriously...you should have to take an intelligence exam to be a manager. Ugh...
About Me
- Your Illusion
- Austin, Tx, United States
- I was born and raised in Texas and have lived here my whole life. I'm common-law married to the man of my dreams. I'm obsessed with Angelina Jolie and the band Hanson. I curse like a sailor and smoke like a chimney.
Thursday, August 6, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment