About Me

My photo
Austin, Tx, United States
I was born and raised in Texas and have lived here my whole life. I'm common-law married to the man of my dreams. I'm obsessed with Angelina Jolie and the band Hanson. I curse like a sailor and smoke like a chimney.

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

IMFU

I'm on an online, 3D chat site called IMVU. It's similar to Second Life in many ways (though the female avatars look less manly). I've been on IMVU for a little over 3 years. While it frustrates the hell out of me, I was completely addicted...until today. Over the past 3 years, they have made changes that the majority of users protested against, such as changing the catalog, implementing a thing called Peer Review (don't get me started on the ridiculousness of that), added random, unwanted items into our Wishlists, etc. Today was the last straw for me. My computer is a dinosaur, so it can only handle so much. IMVU has decided to force people to update if they want to continue using the messenger. My computer doesn't meet the required specifications to run IMVU. I can no longer chat, create items, participate in contests, model for people...I can't do ANYTHING, other than post in the forums or groups. Lovely. I'm glad I haven't invested any money into this site, because I would be even more pissed than I am now. Talk about a waste of 3 years of my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment