Two years ago today, I had one of the greatest days of my life. After waiting 10 years, I finally met my favorite band, Hanson. I remember I used to be so jealous of my friend Lauren, who's met them at LEAST 10 times. I always thought I'd never meet them, until I saw they were FINALLY coming to Austin. To help reminisce, here is my journal entry from the day after The Walk/concert:
~Oh my god, Hanson was amazing!~ Adrienne got to my apartment around noon. I showed her how to work the camera. We got ready and left at 1:30. We got to the venue at 2:30 and lined up for The Walk. Adrienne and I were behind Zac the whole time (though I didn't realize it til halfway through it). After The Walk, we all got stamped and then gathered at the table for TOMS shoes. Isaac and Taylor were nice enough to take pictures with me, but poor Zac was being bombarded. Then, Adrienne and I walked to get pizza, which killed my legs. We walked back to the venue and sat around. The guy at the gate didn't now anything about the stamps, so he went to find out. He said anyone with stamps, get in the line Adrienne and I were in. This caused a huge blowout with the people in the other line. So he told us to go to the back of the line. I had to pee so bad, there was no way in hell I was going to the back, so we jumped in front of people without stamps. This one girl came up to us and started bitching that she had been there for 2 hours. We were like "So, we've been here for 5." Then, this other girl's mom asked her if she had a stamp, and she didn't, so she explained to her that stamped people get to jump the line. Eventually, she went back in line, but we could hear her bitching the whole time. Around 7:15, they let us all in. After I went to the bathroom, I bought a shirt and a key chain. After 2 opening acts, Hanson finally came on at 10:00. They were amazing, as expected. Poor Adrienne was stuck outside talking to this drunk guy that wouldn't let her leave. She was freezing and missed the show, but she said she could hear them really well outside. My feet and legs are killing me, but it was definitely worth it. I'm still in shock that I got to meet them. Les sigh...
That was such a great day! The only way it could have been better was if I got to meet Zac and if I had front row (I was waaaaaaaaaaaaay in the back and couldn't even see the band). Here's some pictures from that day!
~Oh my god, Hanson was amazing!~ Adrienne got to my apartment around noon. I showed her how to work the camera. We got ready and left at 1:30. We got to the venue at 2:30 and lined up for The Walk. Adrienne and I were behind Zac the whole time (though I didn't realize it til halfway through it). After The Walk, we all got stamped and then gathered at the table for TOMS shoes. Isaac and Taylor were nice enough to take pictures with me, but poor Zac was being bombarded. Then, Adrienne and I walked to get pizza, which killed my legs. We walked back to the venue and sat around. The guy at the gate didn't now anything about the stamps, so he went to find out. He said anyone with stamps, get in the line Adrienne and I were in. This caused a huge blowout with the people in the other line. So he told us to go to the back of the line. I had to pee so bad, there was no way in hell I was going to the back, so we jumped in front of people without stamps. This one girl came up to us and started bitching that she had been there for 2 hours. We were like "So, we've been here for 5." Then, this other girl's mom asked her if she had a stamp, and she didn't, so she explained to her that stamped people get to jump the line. Eventually, she went back in line, but we could hear her bitching the whole time. Around 7:15, they let us all in. After I went to the bathroom, I bought a shirt and a key chain. After 2 opening acts, Hanson finally came on at 10:00. They were amazing, as expected. Poor Adrienne was stuck outside talking to this drunk guy that wouldn't let her leave. She was freezing and missed the show, but she said she could hear them really well outside. My feet and legs are killing me, but it was definitely worth it. I'm still in shock that I got to meet them. Les sigh...
That was such a great day! The only way it could have been better was if I got to meet Zac and if I had front row (I was waaaaaaaaaaaaay in the back and couldn't even see the band). Here's some pictures from that day!



No comments:
Post a Comment