About Me

My photo
Austin, Tx, United States
I was born and raised in Texas and have lived here my whole life. I'm common-law married to the man of my dreams. I'm obsessed with Angelina Jolie and the band Hanson. I curse like a sailor and smoke like a chimney.

Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Adventures of Wally World

Today had started off an ordinary Tuesday at Wal-Mart. The sun was shining, the birds were annoying...until I received a call from Customer Service. They needed me to help a blind gentleman do his grocery shopping. No problem! It's another service we offer (however, Customer Service is supposed to do this, not Garden Center). I go to the CS desk and talk to the man. He says he needs a motorized cart and he'll follow behind me. Again, no problem. A blind guy driving...this ought to be interesting. As he's following me to where the carts are, one of the front-end managers, Cassie, grabs my arm and whispers in my ear "He's not blind. He wants you to walk in front of him so he can check out your butt." NICE! So, he's a lazy pervert. I help him anyway. As we're fixing to turn down the canned fruit aisle, the man says "You're a good looking young lady." I ignore him. "Did you hear me?" I turn around and say "I'm sorry, sir, what fruit is it you were wanting?" Finally we get everything he needs and he rings up and I take him back to Customer Service, where I quickly say good-bye and hurry back to the Garden Center. I felt so violated! They do NOT pay me enough for that kind of harassment. And management KNEW he did this, yet they still let it happen? They condone that sort of behavior??? Ugh...

How could this day possibly get any worse? Well, I go home for my lunch break, like I do every day. I make myself a sandwich and call my sister up. I'm sitting on my porch talking on the phone, when I hear this riiiiiiiiiiip. My work pants, the ONLY pair I have, decided to rip right on the left butt cheek. CRAP. I quickly shave my legs as fast as I can and throw on a pair of khaki shorts. I make it back to work in time, thank goodness. I'm just glad that didn't happen at work, especially while Mr. BlindPerv was following behind me. Whew!

And the day progresses...when I pull into my apartment complex, the gate won't open. I'm clicking the button and clicking and clicking, and NOTHING. So I back up and head towards the other entrance, when I see in my rear view mirror a van going through the gate that would NOT open for me. *sigh* This day has been exhausting. I'm so glad to be home, off my feet and out of the heat.

No comments:

Post a Comment