My mother passed away in 1999. She was beautiful and had the bluest eyes. I miss her every day, but today I miss her more than usual. Why, you ask? It was just an ordinary Saturday in the land of the Garden Center, but there was something strange. Eerie, almost. This woman comes to check out at the register. I could not stop glancing at her. She looked almost exactly like my mother (however, my mother was 4'11", and this woman was average height). She had the same build, same hair, even the same piercing blue eyes. When she signed the receipt, I was half expecting my mother's signature. Heart pounding, I glance at the receipt, only to be disappointed. Cathy Brown...not my mother (obviously). For that one fleeting moment, I thought my mother had come back to me...
About Me
- Your Illusion
- Austin, Tx, United States
- I was born and raised in Texas and have lived here my whole life. I'm common-law married to the man of my dreams. I'm obsessed with Angelina Jolie and the band Hanson. I curse like a sailor and smoke like a chimney.
Saturday, May 23, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment